Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's starting to look like a real home!

Well, with a picky poodle looking on, hubby framed in the kitchen countertop.
I'm soooo excited to have lots of counter space! My counter top across the one side will be 12ft long, and then over the top of the washer and dryer will be a 4ft-ish counter.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there is plenty of room between the counter and bathroom wall/fridge/washer dryer. I was worried it would feel like a tunnel, but actually there is really good flow and space when you come in the front door.
It's starting to feel like a real cabin that will be both beautiful and functional.
Hubby did make an executive decision and nix my porcelain cast iron sink though....apparently there is a 97lb difference between the cast sink and the stainless one that we ended up using. Oh well, I'd rather have the extra 100lbs for something else I suppose.....


The woodstove will be built in as an addition on the end of the counter top so that I can use it to cook on and it will still seem like part of the kitchen when I need it. We'll heat shield it around 3 sides and once it is placed with the proper clearances the front of the stove will be flush with the front edge of the countertop, so everything will continue in one seamless line.



No comments:

Post a Comment