Sunday, December 5, 2010

And then.....there was more work.....

I digress, while I would love to be one of those people that throws her tv out the window and only meditates and reads non-fiction, I am not. I enjoy watching tv while I do the dishes :o)
So, we found an articulating tv mount that we attached to the side of the stairs so that I can watch in the kitchen, or in the living room. And it folds out of the way when I'm not using it.

To utilize the space behind the stairs, we're going to build a coat closet and shoe rack, and then put the DVD player and audio equipment on top of the closet so that everything will be orderly and out of the way.

Hubby also got all of the paneling up in the bathroom


And he's building me some shelving along the wall outside of the bathroom and opposing the kitchen. And no, we're not a couple of raging alcoholics :o) I'm planning to use the shelves he will put in for my vitamin bottles/loose leaf tea/and spices. It should work out great!


It's exciting to see the walls start to come together. After looking at fuzzy wool walls for quite some time it's nice to be able to run my hands along solid wood walls. And I love that the wood holds the heat and feels warm to the touch :o)

2 comments:

  1. HI. Just recently found your blog and wanted to take a minute to congratulate you and pass along my admiration. This is the first tiny house concept that i've seen that appears to address a design that fits more than one person. I'm a single Dad that is utterly obsessed with the tiny house movement and committed to getting myself into one. It's the ultimate "course correction" of living beyond your means. I admire you all for not only thinking about doing it but actually executing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Thanks for visiting our blog :o)
    Now that we've been living tiny for a few years (we were in a 32ft 5th wheel before this) I can't imagine living any other way. The amount of money we have been able to save by purposely downsizing has allowed us to live life more fully than I would have ever imagined.
    I'm more proud of our tiny house then the brand new 1800sqft house that I purchased a few years ago, it still makes me smile to walk into our little home, and it's got that warm cozy feeling that you can't duplicate in a standard home :o)
    Keep up with your tiny house obsession, and you'll be able to make it a reality!

    ReplyDelete