Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Few Photos of Everyday Life....

Here are a few pictures of what our tiny home looks like after a week of working and running around, neglecting chores, and general chaos.
Loft, complete with unmade bed and dog sleeping in my blankets :o(
It would take an act of God, Congress, and the devil to remove him from the bed....he's like a giant cat.
Living room, I did put a new cover on the futon, I like this one better :o) Shelf under counter top for dishes, I don't think we're going to put in upper cabinets as I've got lots of storage underneath, including a wheeled cart that has drawers for utensils and a spice shelf that I can roll out and use as an island when I'm cooking, and then roll it away when it's not needed.

It's fabulous having such a large space to work, but I always manage to clutter it all up! :o)
I've ordered organic cotton fabric and will be making curtains for the front of the counter to cover up underneath. We decided against doing cupboard doors (I decided against them anyway, I wanted a bit softer look, more cozy). So I'm waiting on the fabric to arrive and then I will make the curtains for the storage, and also the curtains for all of the windows.....and I don't know how to sew, so it should be interesting :o)

Anyway, I thought you all might like to see some "real life" pictures of our little home in action :o)

4 comments:

  1. How are you planning to finish the interior walls and ceiling: paint, stain and varnish, just varnish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,
    We're going to leave them as they are :o) The less chemicals in the house, the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your blog for a little while & wanted to let you know that I love the pictures your sweet little home -- especially looking lived in! I'm also a big fan of curtains instead of cupboard doors -- they take hardly any space and definitely give a softer feel. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    It's always easier to decide what I want to do, than to actually do it! I'm hoping to have all of the curtains done by mid-December....so cross your fingers!

    ReplyDelete